Fishing Rules & Regulations
FISHING RULES & REGULATIONS
-Anglers must possess a valid Illinois Fishing License as REQUIRED by law.
-Anglers using boats are limited to using a 10 Horsepower (or less) motor. -Gas motors are prohibited in certain sections of Southern Portions of the Lake from Oct 15th – Jan 1st (To allow for migratory waterfowl)
No person shall take or catch any fish or aquatic life from Evergreen Lake, Jones Pond, or their tributaries by any other method than stated:
- By means of not more than 2 Poles and line with no more than
- 2 hooks or lures attached to each (including trolling).
- 2. By means of legal sized cast nets, which may be used to obtain the following bait (provided they are not sold): Shad, Minnows, and Crayfish
- By means of Pitchfork, Gigs, Bow and Arrow (or their devices) for the taking of: Carp, Asian Carp, Carpsuckers, Buffalo Gar, Bowfin, and Suckers. (Except during Illinois Archery Deer Season)
- By means of a Gig for taking frogs. (Frogs may be taken in open season only).
Prohibited Fishing Practices
-Bank Poles, Trot Lines, Bush Lines, Seining, or Jug Fishing are Prohibited.
-Swimming, Wading, and Float Fishing are prohibited.
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED HERE, ALL STATE OF ILLINOIS FISHING REGULATIONS WILL BE ENFORCED.
-Fishing in or beyond the spillway is prohibited. *Cast netting prohibited below spillway
*Asian Carp are now present in the Mackinaw River and its tributaries.
FISH SIZE REGULATIONS
The minimum size and creel limits, in addition to those stated by the Illinois statewide fishing regulations are:
(Black, White, and Hybrid)
|No More Than 5 Fish Greater or Equal To 10"||15|
*Required on all watercraft* (Sailboats, sailboards, canoes, and kayaks, etc.)
Registrations can be done at the COMLARA Park Visitors Center during office hours, at self-registration drop boxes located at both boat launch facilities, and online at our website.
|Type of Registration||McLean County Residents||Non-County Residents|
*10+ motors are allowed for loading and unloading, but must otherwise remain out of the water.
BAIT SHOP OPEN APRIL -OCT
Hours and bait availability may vary. Please contact Visitor Center for current hours and bait availability.
Lake Closed During Deer Management Program
Friday - Sunday before Thanksgiving weekend
Thursday - Sunday after Thanksgiving weekend
Also Third Friday - Sunday in January
McLean County Department of Parks & Recreation
13001 Recreation Area Dr. - Hudson, Illinois 61748
Phone. (309) 434-6770 Fax (309) 726-2025