Assistance for Obtaining Child Support

While you are not required to have an attorney represent you in court, because of the somewhat complicated legal system, we suggest that you have an attorney to advise you. The Circuit Clerk cannot recommend or give referrals to individual attorneys. McLean County has many fine legal practitioners who specialize in Matrimony/Family Law.

The McLean County State's Attorney currently provides child support enforcement services for McLean County under a contract with the Illinois Department of Health and Family Services. This office is conveniently located just west of the Law and Justice Center, on the 4th floor at 200 W Front Street. You will be required to register for IV-D Enforcement Services from the Illinois Department of Health and Family Services and may be required to pay a very modest fee ($25.00 or less) for the service. You may contact that office at (309) 888-5959 for additional information and to set up an appointment.

The Child Support Enforcement Unit is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on legal holidays.