Please mail Property Tax Payments to:
McLean County Collector
P.O. Box 843637
Kansas City, MO 64184-3637
Any payments made on or after October 1 may be mailed to McLean County Collector, P.O. Box 2400, Bloomington, IL 61702-2400. If you are paying by personal check, please verify the following before mailing your payment:
- Make check payable to McLean County Collector.
- The check must be dated with the current date. We cannot accept post-dated checks.
- Verify that the check is written for the full installment amount (including any penalties or interest if the payment is late). We cannot accept partial payments.
- Make sure that the numeric dollar amount and written dollar amount match.
- Please write your parcel number on your check.
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Include the payment coupon from the bottom of the bill. Payment coupons can also be printed from our website.
Your cancelled check will be your receipt unless you send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment.
A mailed payment is considered to be on time as long as it is postmarked on or before the due date. Personal checks are acceptable until 30 days before the tax sale. After that date, payments must be made in certified funds (cash, cashier's check or money order).