Payments can be placed in our secure drop box located on the North end of the parking lot on the East Street side of the Government Center.
In-person payments may be made in the Government Center, Room M-101, from 8:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Signage and directions will be provided.
If you are paying by personal check, please verify the following before submitting your payment:
- Make check payable to McLean County Collector.
- The check must be dated with the current date. We cannot accept post-dated checks.
- Verify that the check is written for the full installment amount (including any penalties or interest if the payment is late). We cannot accept partial payments.
- Make sure that the numeric dollar amount and written dollar amount match.
- Please write your parcel number on your check.
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Include the payment coupon from the bottom of the bill. Payment coupons can also be printed from our website.
Personal checks are acceptable until 30 days before the tax sale. After that date, payments must be made in certified funds (cash, cashier’s check or money order).