Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
A proven program to prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes
What is the PreventT2 Lifestyle Change Program?
PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is proven to help people with prediabetes prevent or delay development of type 2 diabetes.
PreventT2 utilizes trained Lifestyle Coaches who will facilitate lessons and group discussions. The program is a year-long commitment to ensure lasting lifestyle changes. PreventT2 cohorts meet for a year — weekly for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months with a total of 24-26 sessions per cohort.
What Will You Gain from PreventT2?
As a participant of PreventT2 you will learn skills to lose weight, be more physically active, manage stress, and set goals. Throughout the program there will be private weigh-ins, food and activity tracking, and action planning to help ensure success.
Being part of a group provides support from other people who are facing similar challenges and trying to make the same changes you are. Together you can celebrate successes and find ways to overcome obstacles while working towards your personal health and fitness goals.
During PreventT2, you will learn to:
- Eat healthy
- Add physical activity to your life
- Manage stress
- Stay on track when eating out
- Understand and respond to your food cues
- Stay motivated
- Solve problems that can get in the way of healthy changes
Who is Eligible?
All Prevent T2 program participants MUST meet ALL the following:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian American)
- Not be previously diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Not pregnant at the time of enrollment
AND must meet ONE of the following:
- A recent (within the past year) blood test meeting ONE of the following specifications:
- Fasting glucose of 100 to 123 mg/dl
- Plasma glucose measured 2 hours after a 75gm glucose load of 140 to 199 mg/dl
- A1c of 5.7 to 6.4
- Clinically diagnosed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) during a previous pregnancy
- A positive screening for prediabetes based on the CDC Prediabetes Screening Test, which can be found here
When Does PreventT2 Start?
Check back here in the future for updates about when the program will commence.
How do I sign up?