What should you do if you lose your animal?

1. Immediately contact Animal Control by calling (309) 888-5060.

It's important to keep your pet's information up to date so it's easier to find. Have this information with you when you call Animal Control, such as

  • McLean County rabies registration tag
  • Veterinarian records, including routine vaccinations information
  • Photographs of the animal
  • Proof of ownership, bill of sale, transfer/adoption paperwork, veterinarian records etc.
  • Microchip number and emergency contact list
  • Tattoo description and records
Photos of kittens and puppies

In Addition to the above information have readily available a detailed description of your pet including the time, date and location your pet was lost.

2. Visit the Animal Control Center daily until your pet has been found.

The McLean County Animal Control Center is located, at 9279 North 1375 East Road, Bloomington, IL 61705 - located three miles south of Veterans Parkway on Morris Avenue.

Business Hours

Monday thru Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Closed Sundays and Holidays

3. After initial contact, pet owners need to continue to call and visit the Animal Control Center daily until your pet has been found.

4. The Animal Control Center does not keep a lost-and-found report. Citizens can leave a flyer at the facility on the lost-and-found board in the Animal Control Center office.

5. Actively search for your pet. Contact other animal resources within the community.

6. If the animal is micro-chipped, contact the company to ensure your current information is accurate.