Wild animal on my property?

CoyoteIf you find a wild animal on your property, please seek out the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR).

Due to safety concerns, in most cases, IDNR recommends you hire a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator (NWCO) to remove the bird or animal that is causing a problem. NWCOs must pass a test administered by the IDNR to obtain their commercial permit, and they must follow strict guidelines for capturing, handling, and transporting animals. These professionals will remove an animal(s) from your property for a fee. If you need the services of an NWCO, search the map on the following link: Hire a Wildlife Control Operator.

IDNR Wildlife Resources